About Gannon Pest Control
The Gannon family name is famous for two things in Central New York: pest control and ice cream. Even though we’re not related to the ice cream Gannons, we’ve been known to eat a sundae or two! Our company was founded by Billy Viel and his stepdaughter, Jennifer Savastino over 30 years ago. What began as a side job for Billy has turned into a thriving family business. Our staff and technicians take great pride in being up to date on the latest treatments and technology. They bring years of expertise when they arrive for your appointment, so there is no problem they haven’t seen and dealt with in the past. Our job is to protect homes and businesses so that pests aren’t an issue for families and businesses in Syracuse and Central New York.
Billy was a full-time Syracuse firefighter with over 30 years on the job. He also had a side job fighting Central New York pests and critters. When he retired from firefighting, Billy bought the pest control company he worked for because he knew it was a good business and because it would give him the opportunity to work with his family, starting with his stepdaughter Jennifer. When Billy is not on calls and working with customers, he’s helping to plan legendary family Sunday dinners. He is an avid coin collector and he builds personalized collections for all of his 7 grandchildren ranging from one to 27 years old. He also enjoys rock and gem collecting and has been a member of The Syracuse Gem and Mineral Society for over 15 years.
Jennifer is a Lemoyne grad who was working in the NYS court system when Billy approached her with the idea of running a family business. Her abilities in the IT world were a perfect match for the business that needed to move into online ordering and scheduling. Over the years, she has innovated what is typically a pen-and-paper business and moved the team into using tablets to keep up with schedules and treatment details. When she is not at work, many Syracuse charities and organizations ask Jennifer to bring her “can do” spirit to the table. She is a director of Syracuse Challenger Baseball, a founding member of 100 Women Who Care and a member of the Women President’s Organization to name just a few. She is mom to Joshua and her two stepsons, Daniel and Colin.
Gannon Pest Control is very much a Syracuse family business. What started as a business employing 3 part-timers has grown into a staff of 20 people. For many years, before she passed, Jennifer’s Mom & Billy’s Wife Sharon handled customer service calls and got to know so many of our customers and loved checking in with them.
Our family also supports the Syracuse community. We try to attend & support as many local fundraising events as possible.
We know how important family and a safe home environment is to our customers. And hundreds of our customers have rated our service with 5-star reviews. We’re proud that we are one of the few businesses that have received the Angie’s List Super Service Award for 9 years in a row. Safety in your home and quality service is our top priority.
Why Choose Gannon Pest Control?
Our staff and technicians take great pride in being up-to-date on the latest treatments and technology in order to deliver the best service to you. Why trust us with your pest control needs?
- We bring years of expertise when we arrive for your appointment.
- There is no pest problem we haven’t seen and solved in the past.
- We work hard to educate our customers and keep an open line of communication, so you always know what’s going on.
- Every pest problem is different, which is why we don’t use cookie-cutter pest control plans.
- Before we provide treatments, we meet with you to discuss your concerns and expectations and how we can best meet your needs.
- We have an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
- We’ve received the Angie’s List Super Service Award nine years in a row.
- Our 15 year-round employees all have their New York certified applicator’s licenses.
- We provide residential pest control and commercial pest control services.
- Our company was founded in 1997.
- We provide free estimates by phone.
- Our inspections are free if you book a service with us.
- All of our services come with warranties.
- We offer emergency services.
- We care about our community and are involved in a variety of charitable events, including sponsoring a local special needs baseball team, other local sports teams, and local charities.
- Our company is a member of the National Pest Management Association.
- We are members of the New York Pest Management Association.
- We are fully licensed, insured, and registered with the NYS Department of Conservation #78033.
At Gannon Pest Control, our job is to protect homes and businesses so pests aren’t an issue for properties in Syracuse and Central New York.
Let Our Family Care For Yours
As a family-owned business, Gannon Pest Control understands how important family is and how important it is to provide your family with a safe environment. That’s what we’re here for. Our pest control services are designed to protect the spaces that matter to you from pests and the problems they cause. Let our experienced technicians deliver the pest control you need to keep your home or business pest-free. Contact us today!
Recent Blog Articles
January 09, 2024
Discover the diverse cockroach species in your Syracuse home. Learn to identify and control them effectively in this guide to a roach-free home.Read More
December 09, 2023
Rodents thrive in our urban landscapes as long as they can access steady food sources and shelter. Here's how to prevent them from invading your Syracuse h...Read More